Winter jacket

June 16, 2011


Since my labels did not arrive in the post yesterday, I was unable to 'launch' my little label today and my madeit store as I had hoped. This was a little disappointing, but every cloud has a silver lining...it meant that I didn't have to go hell for leather yesterday getting the final pics up and stitching the labels on everything, and it also gave me some sewing time to work on a winter jacket for Isabella.



We spent the long weekend in Anglesea at my Uncle and Aunty's holiday house which we are lucky to be able to use a few times a year. They are very generous in letting us stay and I made some cushion covers for the house recently as a little thankyou. My Aunty then gave me a 'thankyou for the thankyou' and gave me this great 'Make It Perfect' pattern. I was keen to make it but was unsure of the fabrics to use.  The Anglesea op shop came up with the goods! I picked up a piece of wool blanketing and some super sweet red and white spotted voile/cotton, for a total of $7.00 and I am so happy with how it looks! I think it will be super warm and will fit Issie this year and hopefully next too.  Then of course, Juliette will be able to wear it in a couple of years time!


As for my label, I am hoping to open the shop in the next few days and will certainly let my blog readers know!!



Project details:
Pattern - 'Make it Perfect' Uptown girl pattern, size 3.
Fabric - 120 cm of apricot wool; 120 cm red spotted voile/cotton
Bits and bobs - recycled red button

I'm sharing today over at Kootoyoo.

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. It's an adorable jacket! I recently discoved the MIP patterns and am loving them. I'm so happy that some of the designs are being released in larger sizes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet little jacket... she looks gorgeous in it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love that pattern and your jacket turned out beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That jacket is so sweet, it looks lovely and warm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isabella looks so little in these pics :) It is unfair how quickly kids grow!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day☼