little deers spring dress!

September 22, 2011


I am excited to have made this dress for Issie and to now put this lovely spring piece into my little deers shop.


I fell in love with this pattern (Simplicity 2909) when I saw it on Sew Tessuti blog a few weeks ago.  I eagerly went down to Spotlight to find the pattern and get started.  To my disappointment, the pattern was out of print!  Why would they stop printing such a cute design??  I searched online for almost an hour and finally found it on ebay... Yay!

The dress features a sweet bib with simple lace and navy ric rac trim.  This trim also frames the pockets and hem.  The sleeves hang delicately over the shoulder.  The back features an elasticated piece to allow room for growth and a little tie.  The dress is available in sizes 1-5 (made to order) and you can buy them in my little deers shop!!  The design will also be available in a shirt style - which is simply a shorter version (still with pockets and hem trim).



I am just finishing off another one now for Juliette in the red floral below, which I will post in my shop soon.  I will also make the dress in the cottage garden colourway pictured.  The fabrics are all my Denyse Schmidt and are super sweet and perfectly feminine - I love them all!

                                                Red floral                              Cottage garden

For more creative inspiration, check out Kootoyoo.

(NB: The names I have given the fabrics are not the designer's - no name on selvage).

You Might Also Like

13 comments

  1. such a pretty dress! I am loving all your projects- following you now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That really is the sweetest little dress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! (Both the dress and your wee girl).

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of the options are darling and I love the way the sleeves fit! so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderfully enchanting. What a great dress, or even frock as my Nan would have said. I love it!
    (and will be writing down the pattern # before I head off to spotty next!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! IT's the perfect little girl dress and your fabric choices are terrific. I love that it has SLEEVES! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. So, so sweet. What an adorable style! Perfect for that 1-5 year age group. I love the red floral - I can imagine it looking absolutely beautiful, once all made up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just beautiful - wonderful fabric choices and such a sweet pattern.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day☼