Isabella's quilt finished!!!!

October 20, 2011


I can proudly say I have finally finished Isabella's 'big girl' quilt!!!! Hooray!! I started this quilt just before Christmas last year and have slowly been putting it together.


I free form quilted it on my machine - my first attempt.  Although this was labourious and hard on the forearms, it was worth it in the end! The texture of the quilt is lovely and the stippled look really suits the design.


The quilt design is by Sarah Fielke from The Last Piece.  The fabrics are a mix of designers which I spent much time choosing from several suppliers in the States.


I made 7 metres of 'scrappy' binding (using up leftover pieces from the quilt) to edge the quilt.


I actually ended up doing some unpicking and lengethening of the quilt as I was not happy with the length (annoying but necessary after I had spent so much time on it - would not want to look at it for the next ten years and not be completely happy with it).


The quilt looks lovely on Isabella's recycled bed (that her Daddy put together for her 3rd birthday).


You can read more about this quilt and watch how it came together by clicking on "Isabella's quilt" in my tag section.

So now that this one is finally finished, I can move onto my next quilting project....something for this little person...


I'm officially halfway through today! We won't find out the sex so a unisex little cradle quilt to begin with I think, then when baby arrives I can have some fun with choosing fabrics for a cot quilt.

I'm sharing today over at Kootoyoo.

You Might Also Like

24 comments

  1. Quilt looks fabulous Suz. And the picture a great surprise! Not sure whether this means more or less quilting???

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH my - it's really really beautiful! *s*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, it looks fantastic. Something to keep her cosy and loved forever. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic quilt! and I love the choice of colours they work so well together.... I have just pinned it, on Pinterest... love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, absolutely love it. Finishing a quilt is the best feeling, well done! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been lurking around your blog without comment for a while now but just had to pop out of the shadows and say congrats on the new baby! (and the quilt of course which is stunning!) xxSusan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply stunning; congratulations on the new bub & on finishing such a beautiful quilt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic quilt I agree if you have put all that work in you might as well make it perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done Suz....a labour of love...it looks so beautiful and Isabella will treasure it forever!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the quilt. Love the binding. And I love your crazy stippling - looks great!
    Congrats on the baby too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! Both for the new bub and the beautiful quilt. It is just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow it is just beautiful. you've done a lovely job. the fabrics are great...a quilt that will grow with her.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Utterly amazing!!!! It's so beautiful Suz - I can't wait to see it for real. Love xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on finishing your lovely quilt and on the new baby!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That quilt is just gorgeous. Definitely worth all the effort.

    And congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty - love the scrappy binding idea!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on the baby and love the quilt - so impressed with the FMQ!!

    lifesrichpattern@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. that is just wonderful! i love the texture that the quilting created.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, your quilt is amazing!
    And OMG, I had exactly the same bed as a kid. Wonder if that one was mine...I am sure it ended up at the oppy many years ago though.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day☼