kcwc: Day three - Green spotted dress

October 10, 2012

 
I enjoyed making this little green dress for Juliette for day three of the kids clothes week challenge. 

 
I used size 2 although I think it is quite a large size 2.  Juliette is almost 2 and half.  I also took about 10 cm off the hemline and the dress is still quite long. It might still fit her next spring which would be a bonus.
 
 
 
Project details:
Pattern - Happy Homemade Kids Vol. 2 (By Ruriko Yamada), View b, size 2
Fabric - 'Spots and stripes' in bright green with watermelon spot
Cost - Fabric was $10 per metre, I only needed about 80cm although pattern called for 1.25 metres - not sure why! So cost was $8.00.  Buttons from stash
Time taken - Approx. 1.5 hours of sewing time
 
I have to sneak this photo in!!
 
 
Linking up here today.
 

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. I love the dress! You picked a gorgeous colour for it - and SUCH cute buttons!
    That final photo is sooooo sweet!!! :-)
    Carly
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. watermelony, summery, totally delightful! lovely sew. have a great day! :)sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a lovely colour on your little one (I love the last photo)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day☼