eeni meeni

January 24, 2013


I have been having a ridiculous amount of fun over the past few weeks renovating a dollhouse.  The playgroup I have been a part of for nearly three years (and co-run for two) was disbanding due to kinder commitments this year and the organisers of the space where we ran it actually requested that we disperse all the toys that belonged to the group as they were needing to re-organise their space.  Most of them were donated to another group but we each got to keep a few toys.  I was very lucky to claim an awesome wooden dollhouse.  I received it a week or so before christmas and set to work painting, wallpapering, sewing, sanding, superglueing, fimo styling and rearranging.  The girls wake each morning and peer inside the house to see what Mummy got up to the night before!

Today I made an eeni meeni quilt for the smallest member of the family that reside in said house.  Little Joey.  The quilt is not sewn on top but I wanted to have a go at making a little quilt just using cut pieces and vialene.  I used scraps from Emily's Children at Play quilt.  

I am very excited to share the completed dollhouse next week on my blog.  Stefan thinks I have gone a bit mad and am turning into a strange miniature lady!



Linking up here today.



You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. Cute! Can't wait to see the dollhouse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to show your post to my daughter. She loves her Sylvanians, and they have a house, but not much furniture. We may have to copy you and get creative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! Can't wait to see the dollhouse

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh, i love the cot and the quilt-adorable. I love dollhousing too-very addictive, so im looking forward to seeing more x

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful miniature quilt Suz! thanks for stopping by my blog too. looking forward to the big dolls house reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SQUEAL!!! Oh my goodness!!! What an exciting project - my dream!!! I can't wait to see the whole house....
    Carly
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh so very cute! Renovating a dolls house sounds like my idea of fun, love anything miniature!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I’m not that much of a internet reader to be honest but your blogs really nice, keep it up!
    I'll go ahead and bookmark your website to come
    back later. All the best

    Take a look at my web page farm heroes saga hack

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day☼