The Geranium Dress

January 18, 2013



When I saw this pattern on Made By Rae's blog, I purchased it right away.  My sister has made the washi dress and I love the neckline and style of the dress. Rae has recently published The Geranium Dress pattern, which is essentially a 'mini washi'.  It also has other variations of the dress which I might try for Juliette or Emily.



I covered buttons in green cotton drill for the back...



The fabric is called Montreaux Drill Grocer.  I found it at Spotlight a week or so ago for only $10 per metre.  I had nothing in mind for it but loved it so bought a metre and half.  I was considering perhaps pillow cases but thought it was too cute for that.   Then I saw the geranium pattern and got excited to make this dress!



Issie loves the 'secret' pockets.  And so do I! I have never sewn these before.  They were so easy and a really cool idea.  You cannot see them unless you have your hands in them.


I made this dress up in a size 4.  Isabella is four and a half.  I would probably prefer it a little longer so if I make another one will probably go for the size 5. 

I just love this dress.  I think it is one of my most favourites.  Isabella loves it too!  I am off to check out some other versions of this dress in the Geranium Sewing Pattern flickr pool.

You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. I absolutely LOVE it!!! I love the fabric, and I adore the big green buttons! You're done a fantastic job there!!!
    Carly
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it - that is great fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a pretty dress! I am so happy to have found your blog. I am looking forward to seeing more of what you made.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This dress is gorgeous Suz, my new favourite! I love that she is eating an apple in one of the pics. Cuteness! Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty dress, with beautiful fabric and finished perfectly with the green buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great fabric for that dress! Love all of your versions. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day☼