Handprinted - Part I

March 14, 2013

 I am taking part in Leslie Keating's handprinted fabric swap for the first time.  Leslie prints beautiful fabrics which she sells.  I have admired her work for a while and have followed her blog since I started mine.  When I saw her post about her annual handprinted fabric swap I excitedly signed up.
For my four pieces of fabric, I am using common household items and finds from my kids' toy box.  This print was made using a potato stamp which I made by imprinting a metal bunny playdough cutter into the cut potato then removing and cutting away the excess with a small knife. 
 
I have already printed two other pieces and just have one to go.  It is lots of fun and I am excited to see what I will receive in a few weeks time!
 
Are you taking part?  Joining up here today.

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. Wow! It looks great!

    I have never thought to use something simple like a potato and a food cutter. I have always wanted to try fabric printing but have always put it in the too hard basket.

    What fabric paint do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Suz that is very cool! I love the white bunny in amongst the others. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow.looks great,such a good idea....the bunny print reminds me that easter is very,very soon!

    mezz

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a brilliant (yet so simple) idea for making a print!!! It looks great too!!!
    Carly
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea! I have over 100 cookie cutters but most of mine are plastic. I wonder if that will work. Your fabric looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think your one would be my favourite of the ones posted so far. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day☼